Please check out this section regarding any question in relation to setup
All questions in relation to repairs
Red RAL 3020
White RAL 9207 Customized, (Closest standard RAL# is 9010)
Black RAL 9005
Blue RAL 5002
Elite grey RAL 7035
(closest RAL available for above colours).
All info regarding to design and features
The surfski's weight has a significant effect on a paddler’s fun and independence. Starting with the initial loading of the boat onto a vehicle, then unloading and carrying to and from the water - a heavy kayak can quickly make kayaking a tedious and even painful process. A lightweight kayak, on the other hand, makes the whole experience easier and much more enjoyable. Transporting your boat is no longer a dreaded chore or a team effort! Once on the water a lightweight kayak feels more nimble and responsive and offers better acceleration. A light Epic Kayak will make you want to get back on the water as soon as you can!
Epic Kayaks is committed to the development of innovative construction methods and materials. Other kayak manufacturers produce “lightweight” versions of their models but don’t be fooled! Many manufacturers’ published weights do not include all outfitting and actual weights are often significantly heavier than advertised. Epic’s advertised weights are for fully-outfitted kayaks. We stand by our stated weights and guarantee them to be accurate within 10% at the time of purchase. Epic uses high-tech lightweight materials to build boats that are strong, durable and ultimately far lighter than the competition. Epic is in a class by itself when it comes to weight and value.
Performance - The Performance construction is a composite hybrid. We consider it to be the best value in the industry. Epic Performance kayaks are significantly lighter than the competition's equivalent products, yet are offered at a comparable price point.
- Foam core
- Composite hybrid of fiberglass, carbon fiber, and Kevlar
- Vacuum-infused, heat-cured epoxy
- Available on most kayaks and surfskis (sea kayaks and surf skis all have white deck and hull)
- Performance construction boats have black accents on bow and stern
Ultra - The Ultra construction is very light and popular with the fitness and racing paddlers. It is light, stiff, and extremely strong in the water. Our Ultra disclaimer states that while stronger in the water than the Value and Performance lay-ups, the Ultra is more susceptible to impact damage and requires more care when handling.
- Nomex honeycomb
- A Composite hybrid of Kevlar fabric, carbon fiber and fiberglass
- Vacuum-bagged, heat-cured epoxy
- Available on all kayaks and surfskis (white decks and hulls only)
- Ultra construction boats have red accents on bow and stern
Available on all kayaks and surfskis (white decks and hulls only)- Ultra construction boats have red accents on bow and stern.
Elite - The Elite construction is extremely light and stiff, a step up from the Ultra lay-up, but with similar durability. The Elite layup uses a thin but durable black gelcoat as a finish to help keep the weight at a minimum. Slight cosmetic imperfections should therefore be expected in the finish of the Elite layup boats.- Nomex honeycomb- 3k carbon fiber- High temperature cure, vacuum bagged- Available on select surf skis only- Black gelcoat with white tips and cockpit.
At Epic kayaks we've taken the principles behind high-performance racing equipment, combined them with our knowledge of racing kayaks, and adapted them to make kayaks that are efficient and stable. No matter what type of paddling you do, you'll do it better, and with less effort, using an Epic kayak!
1. Full Waterline Length. Nearly the full length of an Epic kayak is in the water. Our experience and testing have shown that long overhanging bows offer no benefit. A full-length waterline provides maximum efficiency going forward, and creates more volume in the bow for better rough water performance.
2. Swede Form Shape. A swede form kayak is wider behind the seat for better stability, and narrower in the bow for a smooth entry into the water and a close efficient stroke.
3.Advanced Rocker Profile. The rocker in Epic kayaks have been optimized to provide superb handling in all water conditions.
4. Front Deck Cutaways. Epic's cutaway front deck design allows a close, efficient catch at the start of every stroke.
5. Integrated Thigh Braces. The thigh braces on an Epic touring kayak are molded under the deck of the cockpit. Paddlers can lock their knees under the thigh braces for rough water performance, or keep their knees centered in the middle of the cockpit to incorporate leg movement for more efficiency and power.
6. Adjustable Seats. Epic kayak touring kayak seats are adjustable and slide forward and back on an integrated cockpit rail. Paddlers can easily fine tune their cockpit position for maximum efficiency and personal comfort.
7. Lightweight, High Tech Materials. Epic kayaks are made with strong, durable, lightweight materials including carbon fiber, Kevlar, fiberglass and a specially formulated epoxy resin which is stronger and tougher than polyester or vinyl ester resin. Epic's sandwich core construction process with these materials ensures our kayaks are extremely stiff, strong, durable and light.
8. Vacuum Infusion with Heat Cure. Epoxy resin is infused into our kayaks under full vacuum. This eliminates voids and produces Epic's signature high strength and lightweight standards. After infusion, our boats are post-cured at elevated temperatures to create the strongest and lightest kayaks on the market.